July 23, 2009

PHOTOWALKING



Shoot photos, not bullets. My passion for photography has multiplied over the past year. I cannot leave the house without my camera because I fear that I will miss out on a photo opportunity. Living in Bangkok means LOTS of photographs. Every day there is something new that catches my eye. May it be the elephant crossing my street, or the novice monks receiving food, I must have my camera with me at all times so that I can whip it out and shoot. 


Since photography is now my favorite hobby, I was determined to take as many interesting photos of Los Angeles as I could. Recently, I went on a ‘photo walk’ through Santa Monica in L.A and for once, I was extremely uninspired to take any pictures. The lighting was bad, and there was no action taking place. My mom, my friend Conor and I, walked around, trying to take interesting photos. However, none of my photos were very good, and I was rather disappointed.


However, by the end of the 4 hours, surprisingly I had a lot of photos I liked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment